Do you intend to go and work in the diaspora caring for the older persons, are you caring for the older persons now or are you advocacy for older persons?
The Aged Family Uganda together with Harvey Institute of Health Sciences -NKOZI have organized
An international training conference on elderly care.
The training is on 24th April – 30 April 2022 at the campus of HARVEY INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES-NKOZI:
HARVEY INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES-NKOZI Provides very good accommodation at the equator, local and international meals, and very good lecture rooms
Who may attend the conference?
- Candidates who want to go to the diaspora to care for the aged.
- People who want to work in age care organizations.
- People caring for their loved ones at home for more training on how to care for older persons.
- Head of institutions caring for older persons.
- Leaders and counselors of older persons at the districts.
- Leaders and staff working in age care organizations.
Experienced lecturers in social Gerontology and Geriatric medicine shall form the core of presents this will include.
- Dr. David Mabilizi based in USA and founder and director of Harvey Institute Of Health Sciences-Nkozi
- Dr. Michael A. Bermudez Ed.D. from University of Scranton U.S.A
- Mrs. Maria Najjemba trainer of caregivers in UK
- Mr. Frederick Nyanzi Executive Director. The Aged Family Uganda
- Mr. Simon Peter Kitandwe Physiotherapists
Topics to cover
- Introduction the concepts of Social Gelotology.
- Caregiving to the elderly.
- Common diseases and problems of older persons and solutions.
- Activities of daily living.
- Introduction and application of geriatric medicine.
- Physiotherapy and massage.
- Demography of global ageing.
- The elderlyact and policy on aging in Uganda.
- Advocacy for older persons in Uganda.
- Capacity building for Age Care organizations.
Mode of delivery in the training conference.
Experienced lecturers shall use the following methods of lecturing:
- Face to face lecturing
- Role play.
- Discussion methods.
- Internship hands on an older person from Nkozi Hospital.
- Zoom meetings with aged care organizations from UK and USA.
- Video illustrations.
- Practical work.
Members who will attend the conference are expected to benefit in the following ways.
- Obtain an international certificate fromHARVEY INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES-NKOZIand its international affiliates in collaboration with The Aged Family Uganda, providing them a chance to work in the diaspora.
- Be able to work in any international age care organization providing care services to older persons.
- Be able to provide careservices to their loved ones at home.
- Be able to provide good advocacy and articulate the issues of older persons basing on the act and policy of older persons in Uganda.
- Very good capacity building for e organization working in the field of ageing.
Conference costs: 648,000/-Uganda shillings
The cost shall include, full board accommodation, feeding, inland transport, and tutorials.
The cost does not include allowances delegates.
Delegates are advised to request their sponsors for outside allowances and transport.
Conference organizers: 0782166162, 0755995858